WATCH CIC, in partnership with Somerset Skills & Learning, are delivering a Learning Peer Support Course.
Would you like to know more about the value of Peer Support?
The course will give you the opportunity to learn how to access and participate in local learning activities with like-minded people, as part of a supportive group. Delegates will:
- Understand the value of peer support
- Learn Tools to enable active participation in learning activities that support self management and recovery from mental health conditions
- Recognise the benefits in peer support learning activities: reducing feelings of isolation, improving confidence and independence, milestone setting, progression & achievement, moving on into further learning, voluntary work and job prospects.
- Learn how to form and maintain a Learning Peer Support group in your local community and progress to mentoring and supporting your peers.
- Build confidence in working to your overall goals, in your own way
The course is FREE to adults who wish to support their mental wellbeing by engaging in learning. It's taking place in Taunton on the following dates: Thursday 18th, 25th January and 8th, 15th February 2018.
Download a registration form to find out more and book a space.