Wells Recreation Ground Trust have just been successful in securing a £9,300 grant from Heritage Lottery Fund to develop The Bishop’s Barn in Wells.
They are seeking to appoint an appropriate consultant to facilitate meetings with WRGT to develop a 5-year strategic plan for the charity and facilitate meetings with the Project Board providing guidance and expert advice on best practice and governance.
The key responsibilities of the consultant will be to convene a series of four meetings to assist trustees and the Project Board in:
- Articulating the vision and how we measure success for the 5-year plan
- Undertaking a skills analysis and developing plan for on-going skills development
- Setting in review markers to re-visit governance issues
- Identifying impact targets for WRGT
- Ensuring stakeholder input is maximised in decision making
- Establishing protocol for managing finances between WRGT, Mendip District Council (MDC) and Somerset Buildings Preservation Trust for the capital phase of the project
- Identifying financial controls, measures and reporting methods as appropriate
- Outlining a meeting structure ongoing
The facilitator will provide expert advice, examples and set tasks for the boards to undertake. The writing up and collating of information produced will be undertaken by Mendip District Council along with administrative support.
To apply please detail how you would meet the outcomes of the brief, along with an estimated schedule for milestones and a CV outlining relevant experience.
To download the full Job Description visit: https://thebishopsbarn.wordpress.com/
The contact for this work is Jane Sharp, Mendip District Council, Cannards Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 5BT. 01749 341657 or 07980 666202 or email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 9am Monday 11th December 2017. Interviews will be held the week commencing Monday 11th December. Fee: £1,400 inclusive of all expenses.