Employment Empowerment Support Worker
Salary Scale- £21,000 Pro Rata
Hours- 35 Hours Per Week (Short Term Fixed Contract)
Annual Leave- 28 Days (inc Bank Holidays) pro rata
Place of Work- Based in the Bridgwater Office while working in the local communities in the North Somerset and/or Sedgemoor area.
This is an exciting opportunity in a progressive mental health charity affiliated to National Mind. The ideal candidate will be a motivated and resilient self-starter to join the Employment Empowerment Project. This service aims to support individuals referred by the Job Centre to identify and remove mental health and/or wellbeing related barriers to work. As an Employment Empowerment Support Worker, you will be responsible for independently managing your own case load of clients. You will support the smooth and effective delivery of this service by administering personalised 1-to-1 goal-focussed support to clients over a period of 6 sessions.
KEY WORK AREAS AND TASKS
As an Employment Empowerment Support Worker, you will be responsible for empowering individuals to feel independent, connected and active in their community through:
- enabling clients to improve/maintain their mental wellbeing using the five ways to wellbeing framework;
- enabling clients to access support with recovery planning
- enabling clients to socialise and form relationships
- enabling clients to have access to a wide variety of activities and learning/ training opportunities (incl. opportunities to access outdoor space, fresh air and exercise)enabling clients to have access to volunteering and work experience opportunities as a stepping stone to returning to work
- enabling clients to access information and signposting to other areas of support; including both primary and secondary care.
- enabling clients to access advice, guidance and practical support in relation to all of the above.
- supporting clients to develop a personalised action plan that they will feel confident with implementing independently once support has ended.
For full job specification and how to apply please see here
Closing date is Thursday 18th April