The Balsam Centre in Wincanton is looking for a Youth Worker based on an 8 hour contract.
Main Purpose of the Role
To be inolved in the development and design of a new Youth Café for Wincanton. To run the Café and actively engage in face to face youth work with young people aged 11-19 years in a way that both meets the needs of young people and the town of Wincanton.To identify the needs and interests of young people and devise or contribute to appropriate programmes to meet them.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- To establish positive and constructive relationships with young people, helpers in the Café and other local stakeholders.
- To take responsibility for the planning, delivery and evaluation of activities that meet the interests and needs of young people, encouraging and supporting them to take a full and active part in the processes involved.
- To build relationships of respect and trust with young people and work with them in ways that are educative, empowering, participative, fun and reflect equality of opportunity and diversity.
- To keep and maintain all necessary records and monitor and evaluate activities.
- To establish supportive and effective working relationships with other staff and work as an effective team member.
- To lead youth work delivery and give support and direction to helpers as part of the sessions.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of the Balsam Centre and the legal requirements of the post e.g. Health and Safety, Child Protection Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity.
- To undertake additional duties as required commensurate with this level of post.
- The post holder is required to work evenings and weekends.
- The post holder may be required to travel across an area where public transport is not easily available, particularly out of business hours
For the full job specification please see here
To download an application form please see here
Please email all application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this role is the 22nd March 2019 and interviews will take place on the 27th March 2019