Established over 25 years ago, Ilminster Arts Centre is a registered charity devoted to bringing arts to the community.
The Centre is run by a team of volunteers including the board of trustees and is based in an historic former chapel. Activities on offer include live evening concerts, a varied programme of creative classes, art exhibitions featuring the works of premier painters and sculptors and a shop showcasing and selling handmade products by local craft makers. There is also an independently run café offering a range of refreshments and light meals and centre is home to the local tourist information point.
This is an exciting new opportunity to manage the Arts Centre office and have a key involvement in the marketing and publicity. You will manage the Arts Centre office effectively, working with a part-time account’s administrator, and act as the main liaison between the volunteers who lead their core services and the Board of Trustees.
Main Duties of the Arts Centre Manager will be:
- Liaising with and supporting the trustees, including the compilation of monthly reports for trustee meetings, circulating agendas, and taking minutes at trustee meetings.
- Building an understanding of the core activities (Performances, Workshops, Exhibitions, and craft shop) offered by the Arts Centre by working with and supporting the lead volunteers in the delivery of the services.
- Leading the office-based volunteers in delivering the day-to-day services which support the core activities of the Art Centre by organising regular meetings and information updates from trustees and the development of digital and electronic systems.
- Working with the trustees to produce and review policies and procedures relevant to the core activities of the Arts Centre.
- Working with the trustee responsible for marketing and publicity to:
- Maintain and develop the website
- Produce regular social media postings and responses e.g., Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Oversee the production and quality of written publicity material including posters
- Run a calendar to meet publication deadlines both hard copy and digital
- Working with the trustee responsible for the Art Centre volunteers to support the volunteers in their roles through relevant training (in-house/specialist) and updates on procedures and legislation which impact on the delivery of the core services.
- Developing links with local and national bodies to maintain awareness of potential grants etc. in support of current and new initiatives.
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation that impacts on the functioning of the Arts Centre and the role of volunteers.
- Managing contracts with essential and support services, act as an ambassador for the Arts Centre, including taking part in community engagement.
This is a permanent role, working 35 hours per week, with a salary of £25,000 - £27,000 per annum.
For further information about this role, including a Person Specification and details of how to apply click HERE.
The closing date for applications is 12th August 2022.