CHARIS welcomes refugees, gives them hope for the future, a place to call home, and a warm welcome in the local community.
CHARIS is looking for a Welcome Centre Manager to help look after all building-related activities and services that will be operating from its Taunton Centre. This role will play a vital and exciting role in the work to welcome refugees by creating the right environment to deliver a range of services and support for refugees and ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the Centre.
Main duties of the Welcome Center Manager will include:
- Planning, coordinating, and managing set up, fit out, decoration, refurbishments, building works installations and planning applications
- Supervising buildings staff and external contractors
- Contract set up and management
- Ensuring all utilities, services, telecoms and IT are in working order
- Developing and implementing Health and Safety plan for building and work with the Operations Director to ensure all core staff and volunteers are appropriately trained
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, with an annual salary of £24,000 - £28,000.
You’ll find further information including a job description and details of how to apply here
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 20th May 2022, with interviews taking place on Wednesday 25th May and Thursday 26th May 2022.