SARSAS (Somerset and Avon Rape and Sexual Abuse Support) exists to relieve the trauma of survivors who live in Somerset, Bristol, South Gloucestershire, North Somerset and BANES.
SARSAS are seeking experienced counsellors to deliver counselling across the Avon and Somerset area to adults who have experienced sexual violence or rape.
The successful candidate will be a skilled counselling practitioner who has experience of working with clients who have experienced significant trauma, including rape and sexual abuse. You will work creatively and in an integrative way within a person-centred framework and will be committed to creating an environment in which your clients feel safe to explore, understand and heal from their experiences.
Key responsibilities of the Counsellor will be:
- Work within the SARSAS team to provide a high-quality counselling service, which is responsive, ethical, safe, and effective for all clients.
- Work in a person-centred way and form effective therapeutic alliances whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- Appropriately use different therapeutic tools, depending on the needs of individual clients, to help survivors cope and recover from sexual violence.
- Work within and adhere to the SARSAS Counselling Framework and BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
- Continuously work towards and support the development of best practice in therapeutic interventions with people affected by sexual violence.
This is a part time role, working 12-21 hours per week on a fixed term contract until 2023. The annual salary is £42,036 per annum, pro rata.
For further information about this role and to apply click HERE.
The closing date for applications is 11.30pm on Monday 15th August and interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th August 2022.