Emergency First Aid at Work
This full-day training session will deliver the confidence and life-saving skills you need to become an emergency first aider in your workplace or organisation.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to assess an incident
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty
- How to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- How to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- How to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- How to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
Upon completion of the course you will receive a certificate and manual.
This session will be delivered by YITC. This Regulated Qualification provides delegates with skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in low risk workplace environments for the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (NI) 1982 purposes. As this is a Regulated Qualification, an Employer who obtains training from an AoFAQ Approved Centre is not required to carry out any due diligence on the training provider in order to ensure the suitability of the training (HSE statement). Also approved by the Association of First Aiders.
All delegates will need to bring photo ID with them on the day and present this to the trainer. This is to ensure compliance with YITC's Awarding Body’s stance on malpractice.
As this is a regulated course all delegates must demonstrate the skills they have learnt in order to complete the course, and therefore must be physically fit and healthy enough to do so.
Thursday 12th March, 9:30am to 4:30pm, Shapwick, £50pp, Book your space here.