Grants of up to £15,000 available to support projects to improve mental health and wellbeing in Somerset
Open Mental Health Community Grants are being delivered by the Somerset Mental Health Alliance.
The Mental Health Alliance is a group of charities working alongside the NHS to ensure that people in Somerset get the support they need, when they need it. We deliver the Open Mental Health service, and are looking to expand the provision of support in Somerset by inviting local organisations to apply for a grant of up to £15,000.
What we will fund:
We want to fund projects that demonstrate they can have a positive impact on the mental health and wellbeing of people in Somerset, and meet the ambitions of the alliance, which are to:
- Develop and expand mental health provision in Somerset
- Demonstrate a positive impact on mental wellbeing
- Encourage partnership and collaborative working
We welcome and actively encourage partnership bids. We also encourage applications from under-represented groups.
You can apply for a grant to cover capital and revenue costs, but we will only fund costs which are involved in direct delivery of a project or activity. Local groups/individuals who are not constituted can apply for a grant of up to £2,000, subject to appropriate governance being in place*
Your project must meet the following criteria:
- It must be Somerset-based only
- It should be aimed at adults aged over 18 years
- It should support those affected by moderate to severe mental ill health
- It must start within 6 months
- Primary bidder must be a voluntary sector organisation, such as a charity, CIC, unincorporated group or social enterprise
Your application should demonstrate:
- how your project links with the wider mental health provision across the area in which you plan to work
- how your project supports those affected by moderate to severe mental ill health
- how potential beneficiaries have helped to develop planned project activities
- how people will be referred to or signposted towards your project
It should also show how your organisation demonstrates the values aligned to the Open Mental Health Network which are:
- we co-produce with service users and carers
- we are values-led and recovery-focused
- we deliver high-quality social interventions
- we support each other and share good practice
- we are accessible and responsive
How to apply:
Applications for grants of £2,000 and under can be submitted at any time.
Applications for grants of over £2,000 will be reviewed and awarded at regular intervals and need to be submitted by the following deadlines:
Applications will be assessed by a panel which will meet approximately one month after each closing date. Applicants will be notified of the outcome within 14 days of the panel date.